Spitfire models

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire models
From: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:28:01 -0700
Those 1:18 scale models look pretty neat. Inaccurate, but neat. I just
bought K&R Replica's 1/43rd scale Spitfire 1500, US version and it is the
most accurate thing I've ever seen. All the parts are diecast metal, except
for the wheels, which are rubber. This little guy is only about 3 1/2
inches long, but is perfect in every detail.  I bought the kit version
instead of one already built and it set me back 22 pounds! Thats about 35
bucks when you include shipping.  You can buy built ones where you specify
the color among other things, but they want a whopping 60 pounds for them.
I am totally satisfied with the quality. I made this little beauty to look
exactly like my Spit, right down to the houndstooth check seats.  The model
came with parts for both the British version and American version (left and
right hand dashes, license plate holders, and different bumpers and
outriders for different years. These parts were high quality chromed metal)
So I am just tickled pink with it.  You get one sheet of pretty crudely
drawn instructions, but they are better than a Haynes manual at actually
telling you what to do.  You also get teeny-tiny decals that say Spitfire
1500 for the nose and trunk.  Each part fit flawlessly. Nothing opens, but
when you're done, it weighs about as much as a real Spitfire.  You can see
photos of the completed models at their web site:  www.KandR.mcmail.com

So, take a look there too, if you're casting about for Spitfire models. I
highly recommend them, and no, I'm not the president,  I'm just a satisfied
client.