Re: Outside Door Handle

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Outside Door Handle
From: "Dianne & Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 14:37:04 -0600
Roger et al,
   Thanx for your latest post.  I looked at my passenger-side set-up
(apparently unmolested by the DPO's) and that push-rod has BOTH (a) a circle
around the pin (kinda crusty looking), and (b) a circlip compressing the
spring - so I concur with your thought that the half-circle ends are the
result of disintegration/breakage.  I need a couple of lock cylinders, some
upholstery clips, and outside gaskets - so I may as well add a couple of new
nylon push-rods to the order; apparently TRF does sell the push-rods
separately, not forcing somebody to buy a complete door handle assembly
(OUCH).

Ree Gurley in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit  FM73070U O