Gas tank cleaning / relining

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Gas tank cleaning / relining
From: "Robb Tones" <robb_tones@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 12:50:04 -0800
Just for what it is worth there is a firm that manufactures a "kit" of
materials to etch and reline fuel tanks. It is called POR15 and if the tank
stuff works as well as I have been told the rest of thier line does it
should be great. They can be found at www.por15.com and it is quite a
complete web site. We just got the Canadian catalog / prices this week and
given the usual US vs Can $ I think a kit would cost about $50 bux US$. As I
say we have not used the products but I have been told by several collectors
of those big ugly iron "cars" that the coatings they offer are great.
Someone on the list used the frame coating and was very pleased with it. We
had the GT-6 tank done at a rad shop and it cost us over 150 bux Can $ but
they did'nt seem to have done anything that this por15 kit would'nt do.
John and Robb  Tones
Victoria BC
69 - MK3 / 71 - GT-6 / 78 - 1500