Rimmer Stainless Exhaust Revisited Update

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rimmer Stainless Exhaust Revisited Update
From: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 23:38:19 -0600
Howdy again...

All cleaned up now so I can touch the keyboard...

Couple of things came up with the install tonight..

1.  If you have a weber your gonna have to do a little trimming to the
intake manifold
     on the bottom of the two flanges.

2. The fitting kit rimmer sells is short 2  1 7/8 clamps, your gonna need
these.

3. The tabs on the resonators are running width wise to the car, you need to
make some brackets to
    attach them.

4.  Lastly..... Stoopid me.....  The car would not start when I first put
the thing on....  um....  Make sure the    intake manifold is seated into
the head properly.  Somehow no matter how hard you try the car just dont act
right when you have a gap on the manifold.....  Duh

Answering a few questions now:

Glenn,  It sort of looks like a Monza.  If you order it I suggest you get
the 4-2-1 manifold, it goes from the 2 end into a Y then a single pipe
(looks like a SS cherry bomb) then splits out into two again.  There are two
real shiny SS mufflers on the end and they terminate at a 2" tip.

The cost was 139.00 British pounds, I think the exchange was $1.64 when I
got it.
The SS 4 branch manifold was 113.85 British pounds

Clark, It's going on the '74

Ill keep you all updated with the rest of the install.....

Nick
Abilene,TX
'74 Spitfire 1500  Purring Nicely
'67 Spitfire MK III