Re: tonneau snaps and SU carbs

To: "George R. Parker" <gpark@crosslink.net>,
Subject: Re: tonneau snaps and SU carbs
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 16:06:37 -0500 ()
I'm forwarding this as I've no current information on brand names...

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, George R. Parker wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your input.  Can you recommend a regulator?  You probably
> saw my original post.  My concern is that the pressure from the fuel pump
> is high enough to "sink" the float allowing the fuel to flow, and flow,
> and...  well, you get the idea!  :)  Is this a possibility, or are these
> mechanical pumps just not that strong?  If you're not sure, I would very
> much appreciate having this question forwarded to one of the lists tech
> experts.

George, I think regulators are readily available. The one I have in mind
is over 30 years old, as is the Bendix fuel pump it's paired with in my
'64 Spitfire ex-race car. But it's a relatively simple dial-adjustment
type, with a scale of 0 to maybe 5 lbs. or so. Can't think of the brand
name, but I'm pretty sure that style is still easily found. I think that
there are also different versions of the Facet pump (which bears a slight
resemblance to the old Bendix pump) that put out different pressures.
Again, you don't need much for the SUs, and I suspect your concerns are
valid.

--Andy