Early Spitfire Striker Plates

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Early Spitfire Striker Plates
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 16:12:35 -0800
As promised, I am following up on the Striker Plates I ordered through
The BPC (Dick Burger) from Moss Motors.

Having it on good authority that the ones they carry for several Austin
Healey models world work on a Spit Mk1 and early Mk2, I ordered a pair.

They came in today and upon comparing with what is on Huxley, I have to
say that they are identical.  Well maybe identical is a little too
strong.  These are shiny and don't have any wear on them!!!

For those of you who want some, the description is as follows:

Moss Part Number: 803-790
There is another number below which is probably the Healey number
612856.  This coincides with the Triumph Part Number as well.

Regards,
Joe Curry

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer