Re: rotary spit

To: James Carpenter <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Subject: Re: rotary spit
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 18:09:19 -0800
James Carpenter wrote:

> I think every one who ownes a Spitfire should mold there one fiberglass
> bonnet from there original, then store there original in a rust unfrendly
> condition.  Put it in the desert somewhere.

James,
Very good idea!  In fact one of my pending future projects (after moving
to Arizona) is to look into having a fiberglass company lay up LeMans
Spitfire Bonnets in tripple laminated 'glass.  That should make it
strong enough to withstand the vibration of a Spit.  The determining
factors are:

Cost
Number of potential buyers for such an animal.

Regards,
Joe

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer