Re: gt-6 diff in a 75 spitfire?

To: "Barry Schwartz" <bschwart@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: gt-6 diff in a 75 spitfire?
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 09:34:12 -0600
Barry,

WRT the welded diff, you also forgot one important bit of fun....

Given sufficient welly in the corner,  you WILL be able to powerslide a
STOCK Spitfire.  It may LOOK like you have a wanker or several spare marmots
under the bonnet but the reality is sadly not.  The car will be undrivable
in the rain.  Even a locker posi like I have (factory original comp option)
is a real s.o.b. in anything slippery in a corner.

...but sideways IS fun.

Dave T