Regalia Survey Results

To: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Regalia Survey Results
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 11:47:33 -0800
I gave tallied the results of the survey I did over the past couple of
weeks and I come up with less than great results.

The required quantity for buttons is 500.  Even with combining the two
lists, I received less that 100 responses saying they would buy them.

The Patches were a bit more encouraging.  I received responses totaling
about 125 of the combined lists.  The order quantity is 250 for the
patches, so it is still a bit short.

In the past, I have found that the quantity ordered is always greater
than the survey (once people actually see the products) I can count on
an additional 50 percent above the survey.  But that still leaves me
short of the 250 goal.

If any of you out there are involved in clubs that would like to order
patches, I would be happy to include your requirements into the mix and
arrive at a combined quantity which would drive an even better unit
price.

Finally, I have even thought of doing a few patches saying
"International Triumph Spitfire Database" or even generic Shield, globe
or wreath logos.  However, I know that Moss and other suppliers are
offering some of these things at significantly reduced prices.  The
quantity in which their patches are produced would certainly put them
way out of the realm of what I am trying to do here.

At any rate, I look forward to hearing from anyone who can suggest
anything else that will get the quantities up over the "Magic 250 Mark"
so I can go ahead with the project.

Regards,
Joe
  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer