Re: trunnions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: trunnions
From: Mark Milotay <mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 20:44:20 -0800
I always thought that they were the small fish that come up onto beaches to
spawn. Like in the Beverly Hillbillies episode when Granny thinks that
California is being invaded by them and leads the Clampet clan down to the
beach where she mistakes the surfer folks for them thar grunnions that are
invading the beaches of California. It must be Friday night if I am going
off on tangents like this.......
The truth of the matter is that I am in Spitfire withdrawal as my beast is
still under the knife.

- Mark

At 10:16 PM 12/4/98 -0500, Cwn74@aol.com wrote:
>OK, there is definite confusion in the manuals.
>
>So just what is a Trunnion (3n's), the part at the lower end of the front
>upright - which is labeled in the diagrams as a trunnion?
>
>Or is it any part that uses a bushing similar to that on the Trunnion
>described above?
>
>I found references to the rear hub/trunnion housing in an early owners
>handbook as a trunnion also in the procedure for dismantling outer axle shaft
>even while the diagram refers to it as the trunnion housing.
>
>I know there have been several people baffled when installing front trunnion
>bushings in the rear trunnion housing (a term that doesn't come naturally to
>me).
>
>I've always referred to the rear part as the rear hub or rear bearing hub.
>Some workshop manuals refer to it as the hub bearing housing.
>
>Perhaps John MacCartney can shed some light on this?
>
>Clark

Mark Milotay, Principal
On the Mark Software & Consulting