Re: Spit master clyinder woes

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spit master clyinder woes
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 20:29:03 -0600
Ken,

>From my understanding you can hone, but just a very little bit or you end up
making the cylinder too large for the seals.  Sometimes you can find oversized
seals to make up for this.  However, I don't remember seeing them for British
cars form the big 3.  You might have luck getting them from  Team Triumph or
SpitBits.  If your master is leaking it is worth looking at the slave.

I believe the trouble with shifting when the engine is cold has to do with the
synchros not spinning up to speed yet.  Try letting the clutch out with the
tranny in neutral then shift into first.

Roger Elliott