Side marker lamp rubber retainers/upholstery

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Side marker lamp rubber retainers/upholstery
From: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:09:58 +0000
I've been kicking myself since last summer when I missed a chance to buy some
complete side marker lamps off of a junked '79. They had the rubber retainers on
them. I bought a lens out of one; when I got home and looked at my '71 I
realized for the first time, that mine were missing from the front lights.
So, count me in on the hunt for a (low cost, I hope) set of replacements.
Working for 3M, I naturally tried a couple of high end, aerospace-type tape
products, but I was defeated by the body contours.

I'm also interested in the upholstery/seat foam projects; my car has '79 seats
(retractable headrests).

Regards,
Bob Waid
71 Spitfire