Re: Spit Roast Spitfires

To: James Carpenter <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Subject: Re: Spit Roast Spitfires
From: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:08:50 +0000
James,
I have a book called "From Junker to Jewel- Restoring your Collector Car". The
author shows a tipping frame made simply from some wheel rims and I-beam stock.
It's hard to describe, but if you're interested I could scan the drawing and
forward it to you.
Basically, two wheel rims are cut in half and welded perpendicularly to two
others. The latter two are bolted to the car, and the car is rolled up on its
side, pivoting on the half rims. Elegant and cheap, assuming the Spitfire
undercarriage is up to holding the car sideways.

Bob Waid
St. Paul, MN
71 Mark IV