Spit finally running - nose up attitude

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit finally running - nose up attitude
From: Paul Jacobson <digigraf@connexus.net.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:33:20 +1100
Hi=20

=46inally got my spit "officially" on the road yesterday, and despite some=
 initial problems with an intermitant fault in an aftermarket electronic=
 ignition which caused the motor to cut out and not restart in very akward=
 places (such as busy intersections) everything seems pretty good. It is=
 staying remarkably cool (190degF) despite some exceptionally hot weather in=
 Melbourne (42degC).

I've noticed that the car is distinctly nose up, and looks a bit odd. The=
 motor was out for approx. 2 months (the motor has been back in to 2 weeks=
 but the car has  only done about 60 miles), so is it merely a case of=
 waiting for the springs to settle back down or should i be looking for=
 other solutions?

I posted a while back about suitable K&N filters for a 45 weber I eventually=
 got this reply from K&N, which I'm posting for informational purposes;

>Dear customer,
>     We make part# 56-1360 which is 5.5" x 9" with a 3.25" tall filter.  It
>fits carbs with weber air horns.  If you do not have air horns, we make par=
t#
>56-1330 but the filter is only 1.75" tall.=20

I've fitted the larger of the two, but it is a fairly close fit, with=
 minimal clearance to the inner guard.

peace

Paul

=20