Quaife

To: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Quaife
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 00:10:00 -0800
Thanks to Jari, Ray and Barry for your replies on the Quaife
differential.

Based on the unanimous observation that changing (or adding) the Crown
gear and Pinion to the Quaife differential assembly, I guess I'll leave
it to a pro to do that part for me.  Apparently it's no easy task and if
I spend $450 Pounds plus shipping, I won't want to risk damaging the
unit by improper installation.  When you spend that much, what's a few
bucks more to ensure a correct fit.

For those interested, Quaife indicates that the differential will handle
up to 350 horsepower at the input.  That should be sufficient for any
engine that I choose to cram into Tiny Tim. (he's cripple you know).

Regards,
Joe
  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer