Re: coolant drain

To: ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: coolant drain
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 00:31:28 EST
Chris,

If you look on the passenger side of the engine (assuming left hand drive)
about halfway down the block and a few inches in front of the transmission you
will find a 3/4" brass colored bolt.  If you remove this it should drain the
block.  Having said that , one of my engines did not drain even when this was
removed.  I even tried to clean it out to let the water out, no help.  That
engine however was scrapped anyway for other reasons.  My other two drain just
fine.  Good luck.

David Gates
Hawaii
'73 Spitfire 1500 (Daily driver)
'78 Spitfire 1500 (working on this one)
'76 Spitfire 1500 (just acquired, probably going to be a parts car)
http://members.aol.com/gatesdavid/index.htm  <--- Rogues Gallery
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=8239  <--- The Garage Sale