Good Luck and Bad Luck....

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Good Luck and Bad Luck....
From: Bernard Christian-Woodruff <Bernard.Christian-Woodruff@ping.be>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 98 13:43:17 +0100
As we moved house a couple of months ago and now live "too far" from my
place of work, the faithful Spit is now only stretching its legs during
the weekends. I took it out this morning for a 15 mile circuit and all
was well until the last 100 metres from home. There was a bang from
somewhere at the back followed by loss of drive. Amazingly, I had enough
momentum to take me right back into the garage - that's what I call a
well behaved car!!

Does anyome have any ideas what might have gone wrong before I start
investigating? I have a deep down horrible feeling that this means $$$$,
but maybe there are simpler things that can break that give the same
symptoms? For example, what happens if a UJ fails completely?

Any thought would be most welcome.

Best regards,

Bernard Christian-Woodruff

'69 Spit (it has its 30 birthday on the 31 Dec this year, I would hate
for it to be stuck in!!)

'69 GT6+ (still in the UK being restored... maybe next year??)