dash questions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: dash questions
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 06:16:44 PST
Good morning all,
Due to a host of electrical problems I have taken out my dash.  While it
is out I plan on refurbishing my gauges and replacing the dash itself.
Since my dash is plastic I want to have a wooden one made.  The question
is what kind of wood and how thick should it be?  My plastic one isn't
much good due to the fact that's its about 1/8" thick and mostly hollow.
I'd also like any input from people who has done this or any gauge
rebuilding tips.

thanks

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire (mechanically sound, electrically suffering)