Re: why is my car stopping?

To: <SpitfireKP@aol.com>, <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: why is my car stopping?
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 03:48:41 -0000
Sticking return spring, or even over run spring produced erratic idle
speeds.  DPO compensates for this and winds down the tickover to stop the
peek being so high, conciquently it can stall.

When you blip the gas can you get the idle to go down from 1000 rpm to 600
or so.

My car can idle between 1500 rpm and 650 rpm.  I have sticky return springs,
rubbis all over them.  I will at some time clean them up.  In the meen time
I will continue to blip the gas.  Oh and if you take it off slowly it has a
realy high idle correct.