painting my spit at home

To: <a666k@aol.com>
Subject: painting my spit at home
From: "rstieg" <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:00:38 -0600
I painted my spit in my garage. Lined the walls with clear plastic "drop
cloths" hung on grommets- I can set up and paint again in a day or so. Had
the car prepped as I could get it, and took a bucket of water and wet down
the floor prior to spraying. Used a two-part polymer paint and shot three
coats of slow-drying clear over the finish-with no wet sanding of the color
coats. Took about 8 hours. Only mistake was the use of "slow drying"
clear-allowed dust to settle on the finish. USE A RESPIRATOR. and throwaway
plastic coveralls, goggles and old hats, etc. theres lots of advice on the
'net. Check the SOL homepage, etc.
Do it Yourself, and save.

rick stieg '75 spitfire in Dodge Viper Red with three coats of clear and
one door ding (already)