heater control valve

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: heater control valve
From: KEVIN EDDINS <EDDINSK@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 21:03:43 -0600
The gasket/diaphragm in my heater control valve has a cut in it and is
leaking.  I tried patching it, but it didn't fix the leak.  Vicky B wants $40
for
the valve and I can't find anyone that sells the part separately.

Does anyone out there know where this rubber or valve that can be
found much cheaper, or how to fix it?

When I was in search of a new oil gauge, it seemed that noone had a
preference of electrical or mechanical.  This is hard to believe, because
opinions seem to be abound for much smaller issues.  For those that may
care, I chose a mechanical one from a local autoparts dealer.  The match
isn't the best, but it works fine.

Much thanks for any help provided.

Kevin