u-joint -Reply

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, vafred@erols.com
Subject: u-joint -Reply
From: KEVIN EDDINS <EDDINSK@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 20:39:14 -0600
I must agree with the other responses.  Completely removing the shaft is
the way to go.  I tried not removing it and screwed up and then had to
remove it.

Suggestions are to not beat on the metal too much because it will bend.
Also, pressing them out with a vice or big C clamp can be very helpful.

Kevin

>>> fred thomas <vafred@erols.com> 12/20/98 12:05pm >>>
Listers, 1978 spit 1500, is there a easy way to replace the rear axle
u-joints without having to remove the rear hub, vertical links, and brake
drums, yes you guessed it, some bearings are now showing on drivers
side
only and she is a little louder than the radio at 3/4 volume, any
suggestions or is the manual correct again.  TIA    "FT"