Books despatched in a baptism of Whisky fumes

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Books despatched in a baptism of Whisky fumes
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 12:56:46 -0000
I've just spent an entertaining half hour in our local mail sorting
office. With a trailer and a car groaning under the weight of
hundreds of envelopes containing books and essential service tools,
they are now out of my control and jurisdiction.
The gentlemen at my local mail sorting office raised an eye or two as
I staggered within their portals with my consignment.
"Not expecting that to go today are you?" was the general enquiry.
"Er, well, um - if you've got the time, I'd be grateful."
Sharp intakes of breath through pursed lips and a general shaking of
heads.
Then one of them got up to look at my consignment and promptly fell
into the trailer, from which we had the greatest difficulty
extracting him.
I then realised there was little chance of the books going today - or
tomorrow - or even the day after. Maybe the day after that.
Sorry.
Those Postmen are so pissed, it'll take them all that time to get
sober again.

John Macartney

EDITOR
SIXappeal - House Magazine of The Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register
"The Triumph preferred by Royalty"

Tel: 01608 664939 (24 hour Answerphone)
Email: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Internet: http://www.kvaleberg.com/t2000.html