Happy Christmas from the ghosts of the past

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Happy Christmas from the ghosts of the past
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 10:53:41 -0000
I was doing a high speed Santa bit today and came past the old
factory site on my way back for lunch.

Along the railings of the former factory site bordering
Fletchampstead Highway, I noticed ghostly outlines of Heralds,
Vanguards, Eights, Tens, Pennants, Companions, Atlas vans and
pick-ups, Renowns, Mayflowers, Spitfires, GT6's, TR's of all types,
Stags, 1300's, 1500's, Dolomites, Toledo's, 2000's and others of that
ilk, plus umpteen prototypes that never saw the light of day.

With one accord, they all chorused "Happy Christmas."

I turned to look again - and there was nothing. Just a lot of rubble
and new buildings under construction.

John Mac