Re: dash & badge

To: Toni Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com
Subject: Re: dash & badge
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 14:33:08
As far as the adhesive goes I would use foam tape (available at Radio
Shack)  this is very easy to work with, is reversable, and will hold dang
near anything.  As for preserving the shine, clear coat will work great,
downside is next time you want to polish it you must take it off first (and
hence off the car), since it is actually tarnishing underneath the clear
coat - so put on a couple of good layers.  I know that you can use lemon
oil to get out or prevent water stains in wood, maybe that is why people
use it - got me.

YMMV
Patrick Bowen

At 07:56 AM 12/28/98 -0600, Toni Thorn wrote:

>I've finally gotten my SCCA badge ('79 version - flat) cleaned (Twinkle
>did wonders) and ready to attach.  Any suggestions for what sort of
>adhesive to use? Any suggestions for how to preserve the shine on the
>badge itself? (some sort of clear coat?)
>
>Also wonder about care of the dash itself.  It's new.  I have read that
>some use lemon oil.  Any suggestions?
>

>Many tks.
>
>harve
>
>TThorn@comp.uark.edu