Carburetor Question

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Carburetor Question
From: "Sizemore, Shane" <shane.sizemore@medaphis.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:25:17 -0500
I have a '74 parts car with a rebuilt engine and a bad carb (spits out
gas). The carb on the '74 is a ZS with manual choke. My 1979 car has a
different intake with a ZS carb that has automatic choke.

If I put the '74 motor in the '79, should I keep the intake from the '74
and use the carb from the '79?
Only problem with this is linkage for the '79 automatic choke carb., it
mounts to the intake....the '74 does not have this spot for the
connector plate to the throttle cable.

Also, what about the water pump/radiator situation, they are different
on both motors......

Thanks in advance!

Shane Sizemore
'79 Spit