Re: Spitfire stories

To: "Ken Bertschy" <kentop@dakotacom.net>, <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire stories
From: "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 18:10:40 -0800
Thank you Ken-that was lovely.

Saint-Exupery was a pilot,as you know, so that was pretty a propos!

Speaking of pilots, I was at the Long Beach Air Show a few months back and
there was a delightful gentleman there with a scale Curtiss-Jenny. Named for
his mother and with a small photo of his 1930s pilot dad, he had built it
himself and flown it to Oshkosh and back! There was a young man who was
talking to him about how he had always wanted a bi-plane-to feel the wind in
his face-the whole romance of it! But, felt it was beyond his means-and
difficult to find. I told him-"Get a little british sportscar, like a
Triumph Spitfire-it's almost the same idea!" The Curtiss-Jenny man laughed
and said "Exactly!"
And we were comrades.

Laura G. and Nigel