Re: J type O/D

To: "Ron Roach" <rroach@intouch.bc.ca>, "spitfires" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: J type O/D
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 10:15:38
Ron,  There is a British Car Junk Yard by the name of "AutoJumble" in
Mansfield Ohio.  He almost always has some good deals.  I inquired about 8
months ago and he offered me everything I needed (driveshaft, mounting
bracket, o/d w. transmission) for $350.  I think the fellow is pretty
trustworthy.  A transmission is pretty shippable.  If you are interested in
contacting him, I don't remember the number but it is listed with
information.  The area code there is 419.  Hope I helped.

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spit now with Overdrive!

At 10:27 PM 1/1/99 -0800, Ron Roach wrote:
>Hi all!
>It's time for my regular inquiry about obtaining a j type o/d for my 1500.
>I f anyone knows where I could find one, reasonably priced, I'd sure
>appreciate it.
>The prices for new ones are so ridiculous, I'm considering just getting into
>another type of car completely that has an o/d or 5 spd.  I'm looking at
>doing quite a bit of highway driving this summer, and a fifth gear is a
>must.
>I'm in Vancouver, B.C., but would be interested in one in the Wash. area, as
>maybe I can even get it installed there.
>Thanks!
>
>ron
>'78 1500 spit

Patrick Bowen