jammed bonnet catch -Reply

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, digigraf@connexus.net.au
Subject: jammed bonnet catch -Reply
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 09:13:05 -0600
You should try putting your weight on the bonnet above the bonnet latch
and try to release it with your weight still on it.  This is how I solved it
when mine was caught.

I think it is servicable to a small extent.  It may not even be damaged - just
stuck.

Kevin

>>> Paul Jacobson <digigraf@connexus.net.au> 01/03/99 01:45am >>>
hi

I have a just discovered that the passenger side bonnet catch on my mk2
has jammed in the closed with the bonnet shut. I've tried removing the
mounting screws to no avail.

Looks as if I'm faced with lifting the bonnet off the hinges to get at the
catch unless a listee knows a better way.

Once I have the catch off is it user servicable or will I need to replace the
complete catch?

tia (and Happy New Year)

Paul

        Digital Graffiti