Re: Crankshaft Nut

To: "Bowen, Patrick A. RP2" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft Nut
From: Bob Norway <examiner@scci.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 11:09:20 -0500
Thanks All,
Thanks to everyone for the input on the nut size..... I'm not using it to
remove the crank nut, just to spin the crank to try to pop the head. I'm using
Peter Cebalos idea of stuffing the rope in 1+4 cylinder and James Carpenters
idea of putting the plugs back in and cranking it with the starter....... So
far, no luck. That head is still on solid as a rock.... I guess the next idea
is to try to get the studs out and slam the head with a 2x4 ala Dave Gates.
Now I'm gonna have to find a bigger hammer.... Someone else said to get a GOOD
rust penetrant, something BETTER than WD-40.... anyone have any suggestions on
what?

TIA

Bob