Spit stuff

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit stuff
From: Kma4444@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:30:58 EST
Thanks for the kind words John and all the return greetings .
Some of my details , I've had a Spitfire since March of '84 bought it when I
got in the Air Force , I had driven a female friends Spit in high school at
New Smyrna Beach and decided I wanted one desparately , i preferred a late car
in French blue , when I got to Moody AFB in Valdosta Ga I spent a day looking
in all the papers and such with no, luck at all . I went driving around town
such that it was through the dealers lots . I ended up at the Dodge dealer and
was idling around the lot looking around and almost drove over the top of a
'79 blue Spit , I got out as the salesman came over and seeing the tag on the
car said to him , " let me guess it's not for sale " He told me that indeed it
was , I asked how much and he asked me if he said 1900 would I buy it ? I did
, the credit union loaned me the money without looking at the car ,
questioning why it was so underpriced . My payments were 77 bucks a month , it
has been money well spent . I still have that car , no idea how many miles ,
the odometer reads 15679 , it hasn't had a speedo cable in it since I bought
it . I'd have to guess in the 150,000 mile range . I love that little car .