Me again! (Getting tired of me yet?!)

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Me again! (Getting tired of me yet?!)
From: Brian Furgalus <mowog@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 23:38:16 -0500
Ha!  What a week!  This weather stinks!  Monday and Tuesday here in
Northern Ohio saw over 900 school closings due to wweather of very
un-spitfirey weather.  Needless to say, the '75 that I was going to go
look at this weekend has fallen through for the time being, the guy
selling it is a pipe deicer!  SO... I'm thinking of offering the guy
with the red repaint '80 a ridiculusly low amount of money, and see what
he says!  To recap.... the car was bought by him 1.5 yrs ago, he decided
he didn't like the original, unmarked white paint, so had a marginal red
repaint done.  It doesn't look *too* bad, but it's not exactly what I'd
call show quality (flat black in the trunk and on teh bulkhead, instead
of the correct red).  The car has NO emissions equipment, even the evap.
loss is plugged with a spark plug!  As far as I can tell, the temp.
gauge is non-functional  (how long does a Spitfire with electrical fan
take to warm up in 30-40 degree weather?) It has a Weber DCOE, which I
believe is more of a strike against it than for it (esp. with no air
filters).  Hey, anybody out there looking for a weber?  I'd trade the
Weber DCOE and all associated fittings/linkages for a complete emissions
setup!  (I'm serious!)  All things considered, what's it worth?

Thanks!