Angry Rootes

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Angry Rootes
From: Kma4444@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:19:32 EST
I get it , the anger displayed by the Alpine guy , ever drive one of those ?
Spring rates are proportional to about a 72 Caddy , they wallow and mush all
over , pulling the trans on one is only slightly more entertaining than having
bamboo shoved under your fingernails . The poor old engines in them grumble
and moan like an old washing machine and trying to get parts for them is
murder . If you get a chance , drive one , you'll then know a couple of things
, why this guy is so bitter , and why they put a V-8 in them . I think the
wallowy suspension was a precursor to the drive train choice , " Well it won't
handle , so let's hang another 300 pounds on the nose , it couldn't hurt "
BTW my race car's name is Truman , so I can appreciate a car named N---l .