Re: brake problems, help..

To: Thomas Carney <gt6in@yahoo.com>, spit list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake problems, help..
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:07:33 -0500
Tom,

I had that problem one of the times I was bleeding my Spit's brakes (just
ONE time of the 5 or so...)

There might be some air trapped in one of the lines or cylinders.   VERY
CAREFULLY take the car for a short drive (I went around my block a couple
times)  then bleed again.   The vibration from the driving will move the
air to where it can be purged.

Worked for me!

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire    - always with fresh brake fluid!   :-/