re: brake problems, help..

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, gt6in@yahoo.com
Subject: re: brake problems, help..
From: KEVIN EDDINS <EDDINSK@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:28:17 -0600
Hey, that sure is similar to what just happened to me.  I replaced all four
lines with braided steel ones, rebuilt the rear cylinders and bled and bled
and bled with no progress.  It seemed like every time I bled the brakes,
the braking became worse.

I don't have a fix yet, just thought you would appreciate someone else
being in the same boat as you.  I did purchase a rebuild kit and have
begun installing it.  I'll let the list know how everything turns out.

Kevin

>>> Thomas Carney <gt6in@yahoo.com> 01/16/99 03:34pm >>>
  I just replaced my brakelines well just the rubber parts.  I now
have the steel braided type, but only on 3 wheels.  For some reason
the last braided line supllied was too short.  Well anyway here is the
problem.  With  everything back together lines bled I have a lot of
pedal travel before the brakes really work.  If I pump the pedal it
doesn't get any stiffer like it would be air in the lines.  The rear
drums are adjusted properly too.  There are no visible leaks of fluid
either.  The pedal is practically on the floor when I stop.  It didn't
do this before the line job though.   Can anyone give me a hand?  I
have classes in 2 days and I need the car.
Thanks
Tom