Re: wheels, more correctly tubes

To: "Kris Cotton" <krisc@pi.bnis.net.au>
Subject: Re: wheels, more correctly tubes
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:21:03 -0000
> Greetings all
> I have just repaired a spare tyre which suddenly lost pressure due
to the
> valve stem pulling out. ( not bad for 30+ years)
> Here is the question, A herald 13 inch wheel fitted with a 12.250
TUBE from
> the factory, was this "common" or did someone decide that the
apprentices
> had too much energy?
> No this is not a joke/trick message the tyre was a 13" 520 type
with a 12"
> tube any others out there?

Could well be. When you receive 'the book' - you'll notice a story in
it regarding sardine sandwiches and pork chop bones. Story is called
" 'opkins'  'erald" This could be another of the same. Do not be
overly concerned at what appears to be an oversight. When I became
elevated to the giddy heights of PA to Stokes, I had to contend with
a customer whose Spitfire had wire wheels at the front and discs at
the back. Open the boot lid - and there was one of each inside.
Now you tell me how the hell that car got all the way through
inspection and out to the customer without someone noticing it didn't
look quite right.

John