Re: '77 Spit--Radiator Question (kinda long)

To: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '77 Spit--Radiator Question (kinda long)
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 02:30:08 -0500
My car has this very setup - it's a 77 chassis with an 80 cooling system. My PO
did this when he built the car - it actually has a 69 high compression 300
engine. On average I call it a 74 - thats what it LOOKS like. ;-) He simply cut
across the top of the stock radiator mounts and bent them to the correct angle
for the new radiator setup. You are correct - it tilts very forward. If you
like, I can take a digital picture and e-mail it. This setup works GREAT - the
car runs cool as a cucumber in the summer. Not sure about the holes - I can
take pics of the whole setup if you like.

Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the Mongrel Spit
A couple Peugeots, a Volvo and a VW