RE: Hardtop finishing WAS: Shipping question

To: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>,
Subject: RE: Hardtop finishing WAS: Shipping question
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 08:32:10 -0500
At 05:06 PM 1/25/99 -0600, Mostrom, Paul wrote:

>I was considering re-doing it as a black vinyl top, painting only the exposed
>parts to match the car.  Has anyone else out there done that?

How 'Seventies!'   <vbg>

Seriously, a contrasting color or different 'tone' serves to break up the
high awkward look of any top. (eg, a darker burgundy top over a red car)

Hey! Why don't you cover the top in Houndstooth fabric to match the seats?

Atwell (all my taste is in my mouth) Haines
'79 Spitfire