Re: Parrish (?sp) top

To: Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com
Subject: Re: Parrish (?sp) top
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:16:53 -0500
At 07:40 PM 1/26/99 -0600, Thorn wrote:

>I've found a poor Parrish plastic top that was on a '75.  anyone know
>anything about them?  Availability of seals, etc?? Value?  Any info
>appreciated!
>
>Harve,

 I have a Parrish H/T for my '79. It seals very well; in fact, I attribute
the soundness of my car's body to the hardtop's protection of the interior.

It has a felt headliner and a hard plastic (plexiglass?) rear window.

The top was bought by the original owner in 1979 for $279 and a few dollars
more to paint it the color of the car.

Kevin Eddins is the guy to ask, though.   Kevin, did you ever pursue
purchasing this top?

P.S. I tried calling these folks and left a message on their machine, but
never got an answer back.   Now that I'm reminded I intend to try again.

Kevin's message is copied below.

P.S. I have a pic of the top on my car (before I restored it), if anyone
wants to see it I can send a JPG.

Atwell Haines
Succasunna, NJ usa