Re: Weber Carb Rebuild

To: "Bowen, Patrick A. RP2" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: Weber Carb Rebuild
From: "William Gregory" <william@purplenet.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:10:42 -0500
Partick, the DGAV carb is one of the easiest carbs to rebuild. I have been
rebuilding carbs for years. The most important thing to remember is: keep
all jets from the primary section separate and the same for the secondary.
Secondary jets are larger than the primaries. Also make sure you clean all
passage ways and blow out with compressed air. The idle circuit bores on
these carbs are very small and clog very easily. This carb is a dead ringer
for the Holley two barrel carbs found on many  Dodge Chargers using the 2.2
engines. Common complaint on these Holley carbs was the idle circuit. The
same problem I have encountered with the DGAV carbs. I hope I have been of
some help to you.
 PS.  I met you several months ago when you delivered a 1500 engine to my
garage in Orlando, Florida. The engine was for my son Rick.  You were going
to Disney World and was kind enough to drop the engine off--saving us
shipping. I hope you have success with your carb rebuilding job. Keep in
touch
  Bill G