locking tires, and tires

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: locking tires, and tires
From: A666K@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 03:32:38 EST
Two questions for the wisemen out there;

1. My front right tire is the first to lock under hard braking.  Sometimes I
think it is                        even locking a bit too soon. What is the
cause of this, and how can it be remedied?
(if it matters, one year ago I: Rebuilt calipers, new pads, new flex lines)

2. I am sure this has been discussed.....sorry.  I think it is about time to
replace my Teflon tires (very durable, and just as slippery).   Is there any
recomended brand /size?  I figure since spits are light, a softer compound
would suit them better, correct?  In any case, they will be on a Mid-Atlantic
area, daily driven, occasionally autocrossed, '78 Spitfire.  Which, of-course,
has the stock wheels on it.

TIA,
Avi&Cheech the '78mid-Atlantic area, daily driven, occasionally
autocrossed,Spitfire.
With stock wheels, of-course.