Re: locking tires, and tires

To: CraigS@iewc.com, A666K@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: locking tires, and tires
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 08:38:21 EST
Avi,

Craig apparently favors the Yokohamas.  I'm with him.  I've got a set of their
AVS Intermediates on the GT6 and am thrilled with them. They're a fine
compromise on a daily driver which sees occasional use on a track.  They're
sticky enough for "sporting" use (although, if you're serious about going
really fast, there are stickier tires), provide a nice feel while carving
corners (but aren't so stiff that they beat the crap out of you) and work well
in the wet (but heaven help you if it snows).

Despite Yokohama's good advice about width, I went with the 205/60VR13s.  On a
5in. wheel (the Minator minilite style).  I didn't like the look of the
smaller diameter tires on the car - they really were just too short to my eye.
The 205s provide roughly the same diameter as the stock tires.  But they
really are too wide for the 5 in. rim.  And they require rolling up the inner
fender lip on the front wheel wells.  But it looks both fat and Phat.

YMMV, No financial interests, yada, yada, yada ...

Scott Barr
ScottBarr8@aol.com
72 GT6