brake bleeding again (sorry)

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: brake bleeding again (sorry)
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:19:35
I hate to bring this back up to the list but here is my dilema.  I rebuilt
my master cylinder a week ago, and after installing have spent hours
pumping the living daylights out of it.  I benchbled it, but I don't know
how much good that does when you spill half the stuff back out while
connecting to the brake lines.

To be exact the rear brakes are the ones that won't blead, (front are fine)
 I bought speed bleeders for the rear but as of yet haven't noticed any
difference.  I have lowered the rear and jacked up the front to try and
force the air out.  I have only gotten the slightest improvement, still
miles from being safe to drive.  How good are the speedbleeders at keeping
air from sucking back in?  I don't know what brand mine are, but I bought
them from Pep Boys.

Maybe jacking up the front is the wrong way, should I jack the back way up?
 I appreciate any and all help.
Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL