Re: Triumph Italia?

To: "Glenn Trunnell" <trunnell@mindspring.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph Italia?
From: "Andrew R. Lindberg" <andylindberg@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 19:09:12 -0600
Glenn --

The Italia was designed by Michelotti (who also styled the Spitfire and TR4)
and was built by Vignale in Turin.  TR3A and 3B chassis/engines were shipped
to Vignale who then put the exclusive coachwork on them.  Information on
them is found in many of the TR books (you know the ones that ignore Spits
and GT6's).

It's a very nice car.  I've seen Jamie Palmer's car at a couple VTR meets
and it's impressive.  I suppose $9K would be a reasonable price for one.
Your big problem is going to be replacing body panels/trim/etc if it's bad
on the one advertised.  I don't think anybody makes the replacements
anymore.

Andy L. (GT6 in Minnesota)