Re: Triumph Italia?

To: trunnell@mindspring.com (Glenn Trunnell), Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph Italia?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:46:01 -0500
At 06:55 PM 3/16/99 -0500, you wrote:

>While surfing classic car dealers on the net yesterday I came across a
>dealer who had a Triumph Italia for sale.  The ad said that only 165 of
>these cars were built.  I've never seen or heard of this car and wondered
>if anyone else had,  it reminded me of a Jensen-Healey more than a Triumph
>but it was a nice looking car.  I think he was asking about $9000.00 for
>it.  Anybody got any info?

Glenn,

  Yes I've seen several of them.  When I was younger, in my teens, and the
TR4 was in its hayday, there were a couple locally.  I always liked it.
I thought it looked like a hardtop TR4.  But I think the Sunbeam Harrington
Lemans is a better looking car.

Anyway, there is a large TR show, about 1 to 2 hrs. from where I live,
every year.  Last time I went, a couple of years ago, there was a fantastic
looking one there.

As to the price.  I don't know what they are really worth nor do I know
how many were made.  But the $9,000 sounds too cheap for it to be in
real good shape, and too much for the shape I'm affraid it is in.

If it is local, I'd definately go take a look.  It's a very nicely done
car.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi