Re: Four Way Flashers

To: Chris Taylor <spitfire@worldchat.com>,
Subject: Re: Four Way Flashers
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 10:09:50 -0500
At 09:46 PM 3/31/99 -0500, Chris Taylor wrote:

>I was checking my light functions tonight to see if
>everything worked after swapping frames on my
>75 Spit and discovered that the four way flashers
>only work on the driver's side of the car, however
>the turn signals work on all four corners. Can anyone
>tell me what could be causing this. Is it a burned out
>flasher module

Most likely.  Although, you DID clean and hook up all the connections
(including grounds) between the chassis & body?

or have I screwed up the wiring somehow?

Well, IIRC the flasher switch is connected by a plug, so it's always a
possibility that the contacts are dirty or something...

FIRST TRY THIS

Something that works (and a good procedure to do as "maintenance" ) is to
actuate the 4-way flasher switch 10 or 12 times, at least once a year.
This will assure that the contacts for the flashers and turn signals work OK.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
"If you got into a taxi and the driver started driving backward,
   would the taxi driver end up owing you money?"