Float chamber plug in Stromberg Carb, again

To: spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Float chamber plug in Stromberg Carb, again
From: Joe Whalley <jw@mitre.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 11:40:08 -0500
Took off the float chamber, and it left the plug in the carb! It does
have threads on it, rather than barbs, and the threads go into the carb
body, not the float chamber. Once that was off, it unscrwed easily. It's
obvious its O ring was leaking pretty badly. It doesn't even feel like
rubber, more like phenolic.

 Looking at the VB catalog for the 150CD, you can see the two style of
plugs, one threaded for the 1970-74(for 25 bucks), the other barbed for
on the 1975-80( $8). It lists the threaded one as being used on 1970
only. This threw me, as my car is titled as a '72.

Joe