RE: Float chamber plug in Stromberg Carb, again

To: SPITFIRES <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Float chamber plug in Stromberg Carb, again
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 14:15:38 -0500
Message text written by Joe Whalley
> Looking at the VB catalog for the 150CD, you can see the two style of
plugs, one threaded for the 1970-74(for 25 bucks), the other barbed for
on the 1975-80( $8). It lists the threaded one as being used on 1970
only. This threw me, as my car is titled as a '72.<

the DPO strikes again.  in a Spit i had years ago i switched the single
carb for dual carbs off the parts car.  why you ask... it looked cooler.

REPLACE ONLY THE O-RING. The threaded shaft alows for carb adjustment, the
plain plug doesn't.