Re: GAS!!

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GAS!!
From: Llarry Brandon <lbrandon@cyberhighway.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 20:35:17 -0600
Gas has got to be the biggest American rip off racket ever orchestrated and
they are still getting away with it!!!

I worked at small Husky Oil truck stop n the late sixties, early seventies
when the first gas "shortage" happened.  Gas was 29 cents gallon as I
remember.  It was an actual "shortage" to my boss.  He was only alloted
1500 gallons during a one month period.  When this was gone he got no more
from Husky Oil.  (all of the oil companies did the same thing at the same
time)  My boss did however always find gas available from an independent
bootlegger so we never did actually run out.  Along with the gas shortage
came the price hike.  From 29 cents to 32 cents.  Then on up to 38 during
the next "shortage".  Funny thing,  when the price got hiked, we could get
all the gas we wanted for a few months.  That's the way it went until the
price got up into the 60 and 70 cent range over a couple of year period.
The only difference now is that they don't camaflouge the price hikes with
a "shortage".  They just raise and lower it at their will for whatever
reason they feel like dreaming up.