Re: Top Down

To: examiner@scci.net, LARRY ELSWICK <sos@kymtnnet.org>
Subject: Re: Top Down
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 09:11:02 -0400

I would revise Bob's procedure as follows:

1.  Release latches top of windshield (removes the tension on the top)
2.  Unsnap hoodsticks
3.  Unzip rear window so it falls, uncreased, into car.(Maybe it will last
longer this way?)
4.  Get out of car
5. Unsnap lower snaps both sides
6. While raising the front of the top, pull out the top from just
forward of the rear window, as you flip the front back. This will result
in having the frame folded back while the top is stretched back to the
rear, over the luggage compartment lid.
7.  Fold the quarter panels inward and then fold the top forward over to
the front behind the seats.
8.  Tip your hat to the passers-by as you drive off into the sunshine. DO
NOT attempt to wipe that grin off your face!

Enjoy it,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
"If I could offer you your only tip for the future, sunscreen would be it."